Title: Patient Care Attendant
Company: St. Louis Eye Surgery & Laser Center
Location: Des Peres, MO
Training Provided – No medical/eyecare experience required!
- Our clinics are open Monday-Friday 5:30am-5pm. You may need to work a little earlier/later as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Favorable result on Background Check
- Basic computer skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excitement to learn and grow
FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Patient Care Attendant
SHIFT: Full Time – Paid Holidays, No Weekends
DEPARTMENT: Pre-Op / PACU
REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager, Pre-Op/PACU
Serves as support personnel, under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), in accordance with established regulations for the practice of Medical Assistant, Federal, State, and accreditation standards and company policies and procedures. Participates in direct patient care and maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment. Identifies and reports to the supervisor inventory/ supply needs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking– Ability to prioritize, plan, and implement patient care within the scope of their practice. Ability to handle stress associated with prioritizing multiple tasks. Above average organization skills.
- Interpersonal / Teamwork– Demonstrates a positive, friendly and courteous manner. Maintains a professional attitude. Maintains effective communication with patients, families, physicians, and other staff.
- Job Knowledge/Responsibilities– Performs their duties in an ethical and legal manner within the scope of their certification.
- Primary Job Duties– Assists in pre and post-op with vital signs. Cleans/disinfects and makes stretchers. Assists with patient transfers and discharges. Stocks/restocks supplies. Maintains par levels of supplies needed for patient care and notifies charge nurse of shortages. Maintains clean/dirty linen.
- Attendance– Arrives to work area on time and has minimal tardies and absences.
- High School diploma or GED
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
- Must be able to provide proof of their identity and their right to work in the United States
LANGUAGE SKILLS/COMPUTER SKILLS
- Printer, copier, telephone, and fax
- Proficient in English language
The employee must be able to:
- Walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Regularly be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Regularly be able to push up to an excess of 200 pounds
- Regularly be able to pull/lift patients with the assistance of other personnel and or assistive devices, up to an excess of 400-500 pounds
- Regularly be able to bend, stoop, kneel and climb
ACCIDENT OR HEALTH HAZARDS
- Regular exposure to blood and body substances
- Exposure to needle sticks possible
- BloodBorne pathogen risk classification category #1
- Exposure to substances/chemicals i.e. alcohol, peroxide, bleach
- Works in well-lit and ventilated surroundings including pre-operative/PACU areas, nurse's stations, procedure rooms, lounge, etc.
- May regularly be exposed to outside environment
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.